When you have been injured in a car accident that was not your fault, you will face many challenges. Your injuries and medical care will be a top priority, but this can also come with extensive medical bills. Missed time from work can lead to financial distress, and an unsympathetic insurance company can make the process even more frustrating.
This can all leave you feeling overwhelmed and not knowing which way to turn. When this happens, mistakes can be made that can affect the compensation you receive for the accident.
To avoid these mistakes, you can benefit from hiring a car accident attorney to help you manage your case. When a lawyer is representing you and your best interests, you can focus on what is most important at this time—recovering from your injuries.
Looking for the best auto accident attorney Wyoming has to offer? Contact Robert P. Schuster to see how we can help.
What Do Vehicle Accident Attorneys Do?
When you hire an attorney to manage your compensation claim, they will provide you with many services. These services will help ensure that you receive the maximum compensation for your losses. Some of these services include:
- Investigate the Accident. Your attorney will review the police report, speak with witnesses, and get expert opinions on how and why the accident happened. This will help establish who was at fault and responsible for the compensation.
- Manage All Interactions with the Insurance Company. All communication with the insurance adjuster will be held through your attorney. This will eliminate a lot of the stress for you and helps ensure that the insurance company treats you fairly.
- Work With Medical Professionals Concerning Your Injuries. Your attorney will consult with different medical professionals to get an accurate opinion on your injuries and the potential outcome of your recovery. This is especially important because insurance adjusters often downplay the seriousness of any injury.
- Negotiate a Settlement. Your lawyer will negotiate with the insurance company for a fair settlement amount. They will make sure that all types of compensation are included in the package and that each is for the maximum amount.
- Go to Trial. If necessary, your lawyer can prepare your case for trial if the insurance company does not want to negotiate a fair settlement.
There are several benefits of attorney for auto accident representation. If you’re looking for the best car accident attorney to fight for your rights, contact Robert P. Schuster, Attorneys at Law, to schedule a free consultation with our team.
Should I Get an Attorney for a Car Accident If It Was Minor?
A car accident can have devastating effects on victims. Even when the accident was a minor collision and you were not seriously injured, there are several things that need to happen for victims to get the compensation they deserve. If you’re worried you are not being treated fairly, you may want to consider working with auto accident attorneys who can help.
Can a Car Accident Lawyer Help Me Get a Fair Settlement?
Many accident victims do not realize that there are several types of compensation that may be available when an injury happens. Speak with your attorney about the types of compensation that apply to your case.
Some of the different forms of compensation that may apply to your case include:
- Medical Bills. All medical bills related to your injury as well as additional medical expenses for over-the-counter- products.
- Future Medical Care. If your injuries require long-term care, future operations, or additional treatments, this expense can be included in your settlement.
- Lost Wages and Benefits. Lost wages and any employee-paid benefits that you have lost as a result of missing work due to your injuries.
- Future Earnings Capacity. If you cannot return to work at all or at the capacity you previously worked, you may be entitled to compensation for your future losses.
- Related Expenses. If you have had to alter your vehicle or home to accommodate your injuries, these costs can be included in your settlement.
- Pain and Suffering and Emotional Duress. This is a non-economic loss and will be based on the facts of your case.
- Loss of Companionship and Services. This is a non-economic loss that is based on the facts of your case.
- Wrongful Death. If your loved one dies as a result of the accident, surviving family members may be able to seek compensation for the loss.
In some cases, there may also be punitive damages. This type of damage is only applied when the injury is caused by a willful act. Speak with your attorney about the types of compensation that will apply to your case. Additional forms of compensation may apply.
Schedule a free consultation with our car accident lawyers to see how much your case may be worth. We’re ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Let an Experienced Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney Fight For You
Any accident claim can become a complex issue. There is no reason that you should have to deal with these issues while you are trying to recover from your injuries. Don’t allow the insurance companies to take advantage of you when you are in this vulnerable condition. Contact an attorney to manage your claim and protect your rights as an injury victim.
The team at Robert P. Schuster, Attorneys at Law, provides comprehensive legal representation for all types of accidents involving motor vehicles. We have experienced car accident lawyers, truck accident attorneys, and motorcycle accident attorneys ready to take your case today.